Plan B becomes Plan A?

Posted by on Jun 7, 2011 in Road Trip | No Comments
Plan B becomes Plan A?

Open tonight!

Day 11 – Winslow, AZ

Yesterday’s winds and fires has given us cause for pause. We booked additional nights, here at La Posada, and will most likely leave early tomorrow morning (wind dependent) and go with Plan B.  Of course, I would love to continue with Plan A along 66  to Amarillo and meet the folks at the International Route 66 Festival. But, the probability of great photos and fun seem to be up in smoke. (so sorry, just had to…)

Plan A

Plan B

“Smoke plumes from the wallow fire complex have begun to intensity early this afternoon. Through 3 PM…visible satellite imagery extrapolations and smoke trajectory forecasts suggest deteriorating air quality and rapidly lowering visibilities will occur in a 40 to 50 mile wide corridor stretching from Red Hill to Quemado to Acoma Pueblo to Laguna Pueblo. This includes Interstate 40 near mile posts 90 and 130.”

So, what do you think? Are we totally wimping out?

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.